Allan Domb Biography and Wiki
Allan Domb born Michael Allan Domb is an American real estate developer and Democratic politician, who served as an at-large member of the Philadelphia City Council from 2016 to 2022.
Born and raised in northern New Jersey, he moved to Philadelphia after graduating from college. After a successful career in Philadelphia real estate, he entered politics for the first time in 2015, being elected to the Philadelphia City Council. On November 15, he announced his candidacy for the 2023 Philadelphia Mayoral Election.
10 Quick Facts About Allan Domb
Here is a list are 10 facts
- Name: Michael Allan Domb
- Age: 67 years old as of 2023
- Birthday: To be Updated
- Zodiac Sign: To be Updated
- Height: To be Updated
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Real Estate Developer and Democratic Politician
- Marital Status: To be Updated
- Salary: To be Updated
- Net worth: $1 million and $5 million
Allan Domb Age
Domb is 67 years old as of 2023. He was born in 1955 in Jersey City, New Jersey, United States. However, his exact date of birth as well as his birth sign are currently under review and will soon be updated.
Allan Domb Height and Weight
Allan stands at an average height. He appears to be quite tall in stature if his photos, relative to his surroundings, are anything to go by. However, details regarding his actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We will update this section when the information is available.
Allan Domb Early Life and Education
He graduated from Fort Lee High School in 1973 and started college at American University in Washington, D.C. Domb took evening classes there and worked full-time selling security systems for Phelps Time Lock Service in Hyattsville, Maryland. He graduated in 1977 with a marketing degree and continued to work for Phelps, being transferred to Philadelphia to manage the company’s office in that city.
Rise To Fame
Domb is an American real estate developer and Democratic politician, who served as an at-large member of the Philadelphia City Council from 2016 to 2022.
Allan Domb Family, Parents, and Siblings
Domb was born and raised by his parents in Jersey City, New Jersey. He is the second son of Edward Domb, his father, and Betty Schlesinger Domb, his mother. His father and grandfather worked in the embroidery business. The family relocated to nearby Fort Lee, New Jersey, soon after Domb’s birth. Domb and his older brother, Peter, embarked on a series of odd jobs from a young age, shining shoes, shoveling snow, and mowing lawns.
Allan Domb Dating, Wife, and Children
Allan has not gone public with his relationship, it is not publicly known whether he is married or in a relationship. His partner’s information will be updated as soon as the information is available.
Allan Domb Salary
Details about his salary are not yet disclosed. However, information about how much he makes will be updated as soon as it is available.
Allan Domb Net Worth
Domb has an estimated Net Worth of between $1 million and $5 million. This includes his Assets, Money, and Income. His primary source of income is his career as a real estate developer and Democratic politician. Through his various income sources, Allan has accumulated good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Allan Domb Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Domb
Allan Domb Bio and Wiki
- Full Name: Michael Allan Domb
- Popular As: Allan Domb
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Real Estate Developer and Democratic Politician
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not Available
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Allan Domb Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 67 years old as of 2023
- Zodiac Sign: Not Available
- Date of Birth: 1955
- Place of Birth: Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
- Birthday: Not Available
Allan Domb Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: To be Updated
- Height / How Tall?: To be Updated
- Weight: To be Updated
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Shoe Size: To be Updated
Allan Domb Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Edward Domb
- Mother: Betty Schlesinger Domb
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Peter
- Marital Status: Not Available
- Dating/Girlfriend: Not Available
- Children: Not Available
Allan Domb Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: $1 million and $5 million
- Salary: Under review
- Source of Income: Real Estate Developer and Democratic Politician
Allan Domb Career
To earn extra money while managing the Phelps office, Domb earned a real estate license at Temple University. As the real estate business became more profitable, he quit the security business job and sold real estate full time, opening his own office in 1983.
Domb specialized in real estate near Philadelphia’s Rittenhouse Square and soon became well-known among property buyers and sellers in that neighborhood. He was elected president of the Greater Philadelphia Association of Realtors (GPAR) in 1990, the youngest president that the organization had ever elected.
After success in real estate sales, Domb expanded into real estate development in 1999 and worked with restaurateur Stephen Starr to develop restaurants in Philadelphia. Domb was again elected president of the GPAR in 2013, by which time he had acquired the nickname “Philly Condo King.”
In his second term as GPAR president, he worked with Mayor Michael Nutter and the city government on ideas to collect delinquent property taxes and attract new residents to the city.
He also worked with City Council President Darrell L. Clarke to determine the market value and ultimate disposition of some of the city’s inactive school buildings. Even after entering politics, Domb remained active in the real estate business, purchasing a 19-story office building in April 2016.
Nutter was term-limited, so the office of mayor would be open in the 2015 election. Domb, a registered independent, was said to be “testing the waters” as a possibly independent or Republican candidate for mayor. Instead, in May of that year, Domb announced he would run as a Democrat for one of the city’s seven at-large council seats.
Pledging some of his vast personal wealth to the cause, Domb described his goals in office: “We will talk about collecting taxes from out-of-state landlords and using that money to fund our schools. New job training programs. And partnering with our universities to mentor our children.”
In the primary election that month, Domb placed third, winning one of the five Democratic nominations. In the general election in the majority Democratic city, Domb again placed third, earning a seat on the council. In office, Domb continued to search for solutions to the city’s large number of tax-delinquent properties.
Domb resigned from the City Council on August 15, 2022, as a prelude to an expected run for mayor in 2023. On November 15, 2022, he declared his candidacy for the Mayoral race.
Social Impact: Philanthropic, Charitable, and Community Involvement
Real estate developer and Democratic politician Allan Domb is a passionate advocate for a number of causes, including community development, education, and the arts. He is the founder of the Domb Foundation, which provides support to organizations that are working to make a difference in these areas.
Domb is also involved in a number of other philanthropic and charitable organizations. He is a board member of the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce and the Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation. He is also a supporter of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts.
In addition to his work with these organizations, Domb is also actively involved in his community. He regularly volunteers his time to speak at schools and events about the importance of education and community development. He also mentors young people and encourages them to pursue their dreams and reach their full potential.
Here are some specific examples of Allan Domb’s philanthropic, charitable, and community involvement:
- Founder of the Domb Foundation, which provides support to organizations that are working to make a difference in the areas of community development, education, and the arts
- Board member of the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce and the Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation
- Supporter of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Regularly volunteers his time to speak at schools and events about the importance of education and community development
- Mentors young people and encourages them to pursue their dreams and reach their full potential
- Donated his time and resources to disaster relief efforts
- Supported educational programs for children and families in need
- Advocated for policies that benefit low-income communities and students
Allan Domb Awards, Accomplishments, and Achievements
Domb has received a number of awards for his work, including:
- The Urban Land Institute’s J.C. Nichols Award for Visionary Urban Development (2019)
- The Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry’s Business Leader of the Year Award (2018)
- The Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce’s Gold Medal Award (2017)
- The Philadelphia Museum of Art’s Samuel S. Fels Award (2016)
In addition to his awards, Domb has also been recognized for his accomplishments by a number of organizations, including:
- The Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce
- The Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry
- The Urban Land Institute
- The Philadelphia Museum of Art
- The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
Domb’s accomplishments include:
- Developing over 10 million square feet of commercial and residential real estate in Philadelphia
- Revitalizing the historic East Market district of Philadelphia
- Founding the Domb Foundation, a philanthropic organization that supports community development, education, and the arts
- Serving as Chairman of the Board of the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce
- Serving as Chairman of the Board of the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry
Allan is a true leader in his community. He is a successful businessman, a dedicated advocate, and a role model for others.
Domb is a true role model for his philanthropic work. He is committed to making a difference in his community and using his platform to help others.
Allan Domb Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Allan Glaser
- Allan Gray
- Mark Allan
- Lance Allan
- John Allan Namu
- Allan Boesak
- Krystal Allan
- Mia Allan
- Allan Kayser
- Mekhai Allan Andersen
- Amy Allan
- Allan Houston