Leland Whitty, aged 29, is a saxophonist, composer, producer, and multi-instrumentalist based in Toronto.
Whitty is best known for being a part of the raucous instrumental jazz and hip-hop group BadBadNotGood and their R&B offshoot, Easy Feelings Unlimited.
Whitty has recently been in the spotlight due to the announcement of his debut solo album, Anyhow, on December 9, 2022, via Innovative Leisure. Besides Leland Whitty, Alex Sowinski and Chester Hansen of BADBADNOTGOOD appear on the album alongside Whitty’s older brother and “musical inspiration” Lowell.
In this latest album, Leland has played the role of performer, composer, and in some way, director, asking contributors to execute organically and edit the results. Therefore, the album is pretty special for him.
The multi-talented artist from Toronto has also released the first-ever single, “Awake,” a jazz-rock symphony of cinematic strings, horns, woodwinds, and synths.
Quick Facts About Leland Whitty
|Age||29 years old|
|Date Of Birth||1993|
|Birth Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Profession||Singer, instrumentalist, composer|
|Net Worth||Above $1 million|
Leland Whitty Age and Net Worth
Leland Whitty is 29 years old. He was born in 1993 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, according to allmusic.com.
Whitty has not revealed when he celebrates his birthday every year. The versatile artist leads a relatively private life, with little information shared with the media.
Leland Whitty must have a net worth of millions as he has been involved in the music industry since he was seventeen. Since then, the artist has been working passionately to accomplish all of his ambitions. With over 12 years of experience in music industry as an artist, he is very popular and has made decent amount of money.
The 29-years-old versatile artist has already accumulated huge fame and wealth from his successful career as a saxophonist, composer, producer, and multi-instrumentalist.
Leland’s net worth has already grown to a respectable level, even though it has not yet been officially verified. As a result of his tireless work, his net worth will rise in the upcoming years.
Here Are Some Facts You Want To Know About BADBADNOTGOOD Singer Leland Whitty
- Leland Whitty was born in 1993, which makes him 29 years old as of 2022.
- The multi-instrumentalist Leland was born to his parents in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Leland has an older brother named Lowell Whitty. He has a very strong bond with his loving brother.
- He joined original BadBadNotGood members Pianist Matthew Tavares, Drummer Alexander Sowinski and Bassist Chester Hansen in 2016.
- The emerging artist has already performed at the Austin City Limits Music Festival, Coachella, and the Newport Jazz Festival.
- Whitty and bandmate Alexander Sowinski collaborated on the score and original soundtrack for the movie Disappearance at Clifton Hill, which was released in February 2020.
- He was only seventeen years old when he was first introduced to the music industry in the year 2010.
- Leland also worked with Matthew Tavares, a former bandmate, on the psychedelic spiritual jazz album Visions for Mr. Bongo.
- Whitty has featured his brother Lowell in his new album “Anyhow” as a drummer.
- Leland Whitty is available on Instagram with the username @lelanwhitty and has only 4852 followers to date.