Mark Telea is of mixed descent, with his father PS Tuala having South African origin and his mother of Samoan background. Interestingly, he is one of the 20 siblings born to his parents in Auckland, New Zealand.
His proud family is his ardent fans, who can frequently be seen cheering him on from the audience row throughout his matches.
Similarly, his latest victory has also pleased his parents and siblings, and on Facebook, his sister hailed her younger brother and wished him a bright future.
Telea, a rookie from New Zealand, has scored two tries to help the invaders rally from a nine-point deficit and defeat a resilient Scotland 31-23 in the Murrayfield Test.
Some Quick Facts About Mark Telea
|Full name||Mark Evander Telea|
|Age||25 years old|
|Born on||December 6, 1996|
|Residence||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Parents||Ps Tuala and Fausavaia T. Telea|
|Education||Massey High School|
|Current Team||Blues, North Harbour|
Mark Telea Parents: Ps Tuala And Fausavaia T. Telea
Mark Telea’s parents, Ps Tuala and Fausavaia T.Telea, got married on February 26, 1976; calculative 46 years.
His father, Tuala, is a pastor of the Assembly of God Church of Samoa in New Zealand, and one of 17 Samoan Assembly of God Bible College graduates with a Bachelor of Biblical Studies in 2017.
Likewise, that evening, the hall was packed with families and churchgoers from every denomination with students enrolled in the Bible school, as well as priests who also wanted to see their students graduate when they had given their best.
Similarly, he is a Waitakere native who now lives in Auckland, New Zealand, with his wife.
Mark Telea Huge Family Includes His Twenty Siblings
Telea is said to have 20 siblings, all of whom have either started their own families or are working in their respective fields.
The names of few of his known siblings are; Monah, Eazoletah, Phillip, Ronnie, Kayla, Anitta, Andrew, Ruben, Violet, Vince, Vaea, and Jerico.
Essentially, the preceding information is based on a post made by his elder sister, Monah, who wished the eldest of the 20 siblings, Anitta Eliza Telea Fuimaono, on her birthday on September 19, 2018.
In the post, she said that she was their parents’ first child, who turned 46 this September. Similarly, his older brother, Ruben Telea, works as a fire engineer with Global Fire Protection Group in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania.
His Older Brother Jerico Was Assaulted On Queen St
Mark’s older brother, Jerico, was attacked over the Easter holiday in April 2019. Around 4.20 am, the 24-year-old was severely hurt after an incident on Queen St in the heart of Auckland.
Jerico did not survive his injuries and left the world two days later at Auckland City Hospital.
When Joseph Antonio Halaholo Larson, then 20 years old, appeared in the High Court in Auckland in May 2019, he initially pleaded not guilty. However, Stuff.Co.NZ had reported that he was guilty of one charge of manslaughter.
Following the event, Larson was first accused of causing aggravated grievous bodily harm, but that charge was later changed to manslaughter.
The Proud Siblings Wished Mark Good Luck For His Debut
Recently, Telea’s siblings made a post on social media where they praised their brother for his debut and outstanding performance.
His sister, Monah, shared a montage of her brother’s photos and videos along with a lengthy caption in which she praised God for guiding him and realizing his ambition.
She also noted how happy their parents were when the news of his debut broke and how grateful they were that their father and mother were there to watch his accomplishments and dreams come true.
Similarly, Eazoletah Tuala-Telea shared a status congratulating his brother on his fantastic performance in the previous game.
Does New Zealand Rugby Union Mark Telea Have A Wife?
Mark Telea has not taken a wife and is still unmarried but his sibling sister and his brother are both settled in their respective married life.
From his siblings, he already has several nieces and nephews, but Telea appears to be focused on improving his rugby career for now. Similarly, he does not even have a girlfriend, as the 25-year-old has updates about his family and career on his social media accounts.
Ten Facts To Know About The Rugby Player Mark Telea
- Mark Telea was born to his parents, Ps Tuala & Fausavaia T.Telea, on December 6, 1996, in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Telea is of mixed descent, with his father of South African ancestry and his mother of Samoan background
- His father, Tuala, is a pastor of the Assembly of God Church of Samoa in New Zealand.
- Pastor Tuala is one of 17 Samoan Assembly of God Bible College graduates with a Bachelor of Biblical Studies in 2017.
- Telea’s parents who got married on February 26, 1976, currently live in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Rugby player Mark Telea has twenty siblings; his eldest sister is 46 years old.
- Telea’s elder brother, Jerico, was attacked over the Easter holiday in April 2019 and two days later he perished following the injuries sustained in the mishap.
- His brother, Ruben Telea, works as a fire engineer with Global Fire Protection Group in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania.
- Telea was included in the Blues team for the 2020 Super Rugby season after his excellent performance for North Harbour during the 2019 Mitre 10 Cup season.
- On November 12, 2022, he was named 14th in the starting lineup for the match against Scotland. He scored two tries in his first encounter.