MØ is a Danish singer, songwriter, and record producer. She was signed to Sony Music Entertainment. Her professional name comes from the initials of her middle and last name, but it also means “maiden” or “virgin” in Danish. She released her debut studio album, No Mythologies to Follow, in March 2014.
She has collaborated with several artists to come up with hit songs. An example is with the Australian rapper Iggy Azalea on the 2014 single “Beg for it” at no. 27 on the Us Billboard Hot 100 as her first entry on the chart.
In 2015 she was featured on Major Lazer and DJ Snake’s single “Lean On”, at no. 1 in Australia, no. 2 in the UK, no.4 in the United States as well as peaking highly on international charts. She released her second studio album in October 2018 titled Forever Neverland, by Columbia Records.
The hitmaker was born on 13 August 1988 in Ubberud, Denmark. She is 32 years old as of 2020. Her zodiac sign is Leo. Her real name: Karen Marie Aagaard Ørsted Andersen.
The famous singer stands tall at a height of 5 feet 7 inches or 170cm.
The famous singer was born in Ubberud, near Odense, and grew up in Ejlstrup on the island of Funen, Denmark. Her father, Frans Ørsted, is a psychologist and her mother, Mette Ørsted, is a teacher.
She has an elder brother by the name Kaspar Ørsted. He is a doctor by profession.
She is in a relationship with her boyfriend Mads Damsgaard Kristiansen. Karen has been with her boyfriend for two and a half years. He’s a musician himself and super down to earth.
Moreover, she earns an average salary from her career. Although she has not shared with the media the actual figure of her salary. This information will be updated as soon as it is available.
MØ Net Worth
She has an estimated net worth of around $ 3 million dollars. Most of her wealth has been acquired through her music career. The information regarding her house and cars are currently under review.
MØ Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about MØ.
Exploring the Life and Music of Tove Lo: A Biography
- Full Names: Karen Marie Aagaard Ørsted Andersen.
- Popular As: MØ
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: singer, songwriter, and record producer
- Nationality: Danish
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
- Age / How Old?: 32 years old as of 2020.
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Date of Birth: 13 August 1988
- Place of Birth: Ubberud, Denmark.
- Birthday: 13 August
MØ Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: 36-27-36
- Height / How Tall?: 5’7″ or 170cm.
- Weight: 63 kgs or 139 lbs.
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Light Brown
- Shoe Size: 11 (US)
- Dress Size: 10 (US) or 42 (EU)
- Breast Size: 34B
- Waist Size: Not Available
- Hip Size: Not Available
MØ Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Frank Ørsted (Psychologist)
- Mother: Mette Ørsted (Teacher)
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Kaspar Ørsted (Older Brother)
- Marital Status: Dating
- Dating / Boyfriend: Mads Damsgaard Kristiansen
- Children: None yet
MØ Net worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $ 3 million dollars
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: As a singer, songwriter, and record producer
MØ Music Musician, Singer
She became interested in music at the age of seven thanks to the Spice girls (an English pop girl group formed in 1994). Her interest developed in punk music and anti-fascist movements when she was a teenager. This was as a result of listening to Black Flag, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and especially Sonic Youth, saying she looked up to Kim Gordon as a “big hero and role model”.
In 2006, the singer released a side project titled The Edmunds. It included such tracks as “Garbage King” and “Polly Get Your Gun”. During 2008-10, she released several other side projects including titles such as “A Piece of Music to F*ck to” and “The Rarities”. The other projects included songs that have been previously taken down due to an unknown reason but have been re-released by a fan on YouTube.
The singer and her friend Josefine Struckmann Pedersen formed duo MOR in 2007 and released two EPs, Fisse I Dit Fjæs (“Pussy in Your Face”) and Vanvidstimer (“Madness Hours”), in 2009 and 2011, respectively. The duo however disbanded on 7 September 2012, due to personal reasons.
She then began creating a cappella pop songs and collaborating with producer Ronni Vindahl in 2012 and on 14 January 2013, she released her debut single, “Glass”. On 26 October 2017, MØ released her second extended play, titled When I Was Young, as a surprise. The EP is composed of songs that she wrote over the course of four years since the release of No Mythologies to Follow.
On October 30, 2017, MØ announced a co-headlining North American tour with Cashmere Cat titled the “Meøw Tour” in support of the EP. The tour will take place from January to April 2018. Over the years, she has written several songs and released even more of her songs.
MØ has at least 12 known tattoos:
- Question Mark On Her Finger
- Circle On Her Upper Back
- Ghost, Pacman On Her Bicep
- Alien On Her Wrist
- Infinity On Her Wrist
- Number On Her Knee
- Four-Leaf Clover, Number On Her Knee
- Writing On Her Knee
- Fireworks On Her Thigh
- Star On Her Wrist
- Coin On Her Upper Arm
- Moomin On Her Calf
- Billboard Music Award for Top Dance/Electronic Song – 2016 · Lean On
- Danish Music Award for Danish Album of the Year – 2014 · No Mythologies to Follow
- Danish Music Award for Danish Newcomer of the Year – 2014
- Danish Music Award for Solo Artist of the Year – 2014
- Danish Music Award for Danish Music Video of the Year – 2016, 2014 · Final Song, Walk This Way
- Radio Disney Music Award for Best Dance Track – 2017 ·
MØ No Mythologies to Follow
- Producers: Ronni Vindahl, Diplo, James Dring, Eloq
- Awards: Danish Music Award for Danish Album of the Year
- Genres: Pop music, Indie pop, Synth-pop
- When I Was Young – 2017, EP
- No Mythologies to Follow – 2014
- Bikini Daze – 2013, EP
- Forever Neverland – 19 October 2018
For more information or inquiries on her tour dates and tickets please click HERE.
She also owns an online store that sells a variety of merchandise including hoods, t-shirts, hats, and her CDS. For more information on her merchandise please click HERE.
- XXX 88 – No Mythologies to Follow · 2014
- Final Song – Berlin Tag & Nacht: Party & Feiern 2017 · 2016
- Kamikaze – Walshy Fire Presents: MMMMØ – The Mix · 2019
- Nights With You – Walshy Fire Presents: MMMMØ – The Mix · 2019
- Don’t Leave – Don’t Leave (Remixes) · 2017
- Sun In Our Eyes – Forever Neverland · 2018
- Blur – Forever Neverland · 2018
- When I Was Young – When I Was Young · 2017
- Beautiful Wreck – Forever Neverland · 2018
- Waste of Time – No Mythologies to Follow · 2014
- Glass – No Mythologies to Follow · 2014
- Drum – Drum · 2016
- Don’t Wanna Dance – No Mythologies to Follow · 2014
- Red Wine – Forever Neverland · 2018
- Imaginary Friend – Forever Neverland · 2018
- Nostalgia – Forever Neverland · 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about MØ
Who is MØ?
MØ is a Danish singer, songwriter, and record producer.
How old is MØ?
The hitmaker was born on 13 August 1988. She is 31 years old as of 2019.
How tall is MØ?
He stands at a height of 5’7″ or 170cm.
Is MØ married?
She is in a relationship with her boyfriend Mads Damsgaard Kristiansen.
How much is MØ worth?
Her net worth is estimated at 3 million dollars.
How much does MØ make?
Although he has not shared with the media the actual figure of her salary. This information will be updated as soon as it is available.
Where does MØ live?
Her current resident is currently under review.
Is MØ dead or alive?
MØ is still alive and in good health.
Where is MØ now?
MØ is a singer, songwriter, and record producer. She was signed to Sony Music Entertainment.
What happened to MØ?
Since her debut album, MØ has racked up hundreds of millions of plays.
MØ Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Cyn (Singer)
- Christopher Martin
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
- Instagram and